Goddess Sonia In Atlanta
by Mistress Ayn
05/30/17 01:40 PM
Topic Options
#1546 - 06/26/16 07:48 AM Plan Versus Whim
Mistress_Genesis Offline

journeyman

Loc: Arizona
I'm curious how many subs here carefully plan out their visits to Pro-Dommes in advance, versus those who schedule on a whim (under 48 hours notice).

Based on personal experience, it appears subs traveling for work are more likely to schedule in advance, and those of you over the age of 60 are also more likely to plan in advance. I find advance planning especially common in men traveling from other countries.

#1556 - 06/26/16 07:29 PM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
Mistress Ayn Offline

addict

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I would concur with this assessment. Locals (especially those that have never seen me) tend to be more last minute. Some of them never learn that "Are you available today?" just doesn't work with me.

Personally I like subs that plan ahead. It gives me a chance to get into their head a bit with pre-session instructions and they, as a whole, are just better behaved subs.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
FemDom Mansion: http://femdommansion.com/
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#1579 - 07/03/16 06:42 AM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Mistress_Genesis Offline

journeyman

I prefer the planners, but will see favorite subs last minute, and will see well-behaved subs same-day, if schedule permits.

Sometimes, subs who seem short notice, let on that they've been following blogs, social media, etc... for a long time and they finally worked up enough courage to initiate contact.

#1777 - 08/08/16 11:15 AM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
gls Offline

i am a planner as my Mistress is some distance from me. However, the issue with planning is that planning also can lead to far too much anticipation in the sub's mind.

This can lead to a session (or two) where "topping from the bottom" can raise it's ugly head.

Some out of town subs (myself included) need to learn to manage their anticipation. Booking in advance does not mean the sub gets to behave like a 5 year old sitting on Santa's knee at the mall three weeks before Christmas

#1801 - 08/12/16 12:23 AM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
AspX Online   content

Loc: Detroit
I am in a little different situation than a lot of guys on here because I don't visit/play with local Pro Dommes. So, since I only see Dommes that are traveling to the area or when I am traveling, I tend to contact and reserve a spot well in advance (either when I first see that they have posted their travel or when I book my own). Usually the details of the specific day/time are locked in sometime 3-7 days before the actual session.

I have "booked on a whim" before but that is usually because I haven't seen a travel announcement until that particular Domme is actually in the same city as me and I wish to take advantage of that opportunity. This results in failures about 50% of the time.

On the flip side, I actually got hit up just last Friday on a whim by one of my Dommes since she was making an unexpected trip into the area that weekend. As is my luck, I couldn't see her because another of my Dommes was visiting me all weekend. So, I guess trying to schedule last minute has its problems no matter who does it.

Asp

#1892 - 09/25/16 02:44 AM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: gls]
Mistress_Genesis Offline

journeyman

I enjoy your metaphor. smile

Yes, I agree as well, although planning gives more prep time.

#1894 - 09/26/16 01:30 PM Re: Plan Versus Whim [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
subfroggie Offline
stranger

I am a planner as well, but I think the planning has more to do with a) wanting to make sure that it works for both of our schedules, and b) that I prefer sessions that are a bit more detailed. (fair to say Mistress Ayn?)
I try to give as much advance warning .... notice may be a better word smile .. that allows for not only schedules to mesh but for a more interesting session.

Moderator:  Mistress_Genesis 
Shout Box

Top Posters
Mistress Ayn 412
Sissybuttslave 186
ztrade 124
The Thomas 115
AspX 111
Who's Online
4 registered (marstoy, AspX, wolf, OwwItHz), 84 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Fetbot